[Asterisk-Users] Ha, just found a way around australia approvals......

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Sun May 11 11:00:33 MST 2003

On Fri, 09 May 2003 23:52:43 +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This may be true, but be very careful. In some countries such indirectly
>connected unapproved equipment is OK. In other places it is not. It can
>be quite hard, sometimes, to get a straight answer about what is
>allowed. When I lived in the UK many people said similar things were OK,
>but they were not (I think they maybe OK now, but not back then). The
>rules clearly stated that "equipment connect directly or indirectly" to
>the PSTN needed approval. The back of a switch is definitely an indirect
>connection.

The key to my solution is that our connection is not using the switched
network as such. it doesn't leave the switch premises, in fact the
distance form the switch to our equipment is a grand total of 50 feet
at the maximum !!

For Adam's sake, read my orignal message, and then reread steve's
replies and to florian, sorry, you are being too square :-)

We are not deal with analogue, we are deal dealing specifically with a
solution I have found to overcome an interface problem and legal issue
of otherwise using an E400P in Australia and specifically to myself,
The original was to help other aussies maybe overcome similar problems.

For general information, my colo and the carriers' switch are
approximatelt 1800 km away (thats about 1100 miles for those non
metric.

Now it appears to complete the project is the only thing really missing
is a WinIAX client..... :-(

Gary