[Asterisk-Users] RTP stream path : please help!

Dan Fernandez danfernandez00 at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 08:04:16 MST 2003

* is being hosted on location A and on location B, connected to A through a 64kbps ADSL connection,I have two SIP clients. Shouldn´t the RTP stream between the two endpoints in location B be direct, without going through * on location A?

Are there any instances in which the RTP stream always goes through *? (codec translation, maybe?)

Please advise. I would like to host a box with * for several clients dispersed on the internet but if all the traffic goes through *, it would make it impossible.

Thanks in advance.
Dan