[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail2

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat May 10 11:32:27 MST 2003

Mark Spencer wrote:> Asterisk Users:

> I'd really like people to help bang on it by replacing VoiceMail and
> VoiceMailMain in your config with VoiceMailMain2 and VoiceMail2 and try to
> make sure that it all works nicely for you.

I don't know if this is appropriate time for a feature request, but
there is two things that the asterisk voicemail system doesn't do that
sure would be handy "if it did."

One would be Audix-type "headers" with the messages, that would tell us
the date, time and source of a voicemail message.  I think at least the
date and time would be fairly easy to code?

The other, and this one isn't commonly done so it must be hard, would be
to skip forward or backwards through the old messages more than one at a
time.  I have this little anomaly where if I'm retrieving mail remotely
sometimes the tones don't get heard quite right, and it disconnects.  So
if I was just listening to a message, then now that message is an "old"
message, and it's at the end of the list.

And then, calling back and trying again, if it messes up again after the
eighth or ninth of twenty-two messages, and I have to call back yet
again, the blood pressure rises pretty high.  Would it be hard to have a
menu option that would allow the user to jump to a given message number,
or perhaps have an option to go most-recent to least?

Thanks.

B.