[Asterisk-Users] All station page and operator console....

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat May 10 00:06:49 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 18:08, Gene Kochanowsky wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Can anyone tell me if there is any equipment or way to configure
> Asterisk to support station page and if there is an operator console
> that works with Asterisk? Also has anyone implemented a PA extension
> using asterisk and if so how was it done?

Station page is not supported yet, as normal analog phones do not
support that and there is no signalling method for it. There has been
some comments about maybe being able to use cisco VoIP phones that
support station paging if we can figure out what messages they send to
make it work. I believe the comment was that it isn't part of the
standard yet.

The closest thing to an operator console that is currently working is
gastman. Because you asked for an operator console, it probably will not
fill your need, but the interface it uses would allow you to write the
software to accomplish that.

PA extension is nothing more than a call to the console using a standard
soundcard. Hook your soundcard up to some amplifier, and the amplifier
to speakers in your location.