[Asterisk-Users] DBget and DBput in extensions.conf

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri May 9 08:15:28 MST 2003

On Friday 09 May 2003 03:11, WipeOut . wrote:
> Steven,
>
> How does it store the data in the DB1 database??
>
> What I mean by that is where or how is the database structure
> defined or does it simply store a string like a text file
> would..
>
> Anyone know where there is any documentation on DB1??

DB1 is simply the first version of the Berkeley database.  The
Unix API should be available in the manpages for dbopen(3).

However, for the purpose of simplifying and not causing any
unintended bugs (caching/locking), you should ALWAYS use the
provided interface, unless that interface does not provide the
necessary API.

So what do you need to do that you can't do with DBput and
DBget?

-Tilghman