[Asterisk-Users] Ring detection of X100P really bad

Mart van Santen mart at samage.net
Thu May 8 16:02:46 MST 2003

Hello all,

I'm new to the asterisk world, so maybe it's a simple setting, maybe
not. We use a X100P (single FXO card) and a TDM400P with 1 port (the
Developers kit with PCI cards). They are both in different servers and
bridge over internet via IAX.

The X100P is connected to a small PBX which is connected on a Euro ISDN
line. They idea is that we use asterisk to include 1 remote telephone
line in the local PBX, in the future we want to use asteriks to manage
our calls but for now this is because of lack of experience no option.

Although it's working all fine, there is some trouble with the ring
detection of the X100P. So now and then it detects the line immediate,
but most times after 4 or 5 rings. Sometimes it doesn't detect the line
at all. To solve this problem I did the following but it didn't worked
out:

1. Connected a normal phone to the line and that worked ok
2. Experimented with the tx en rxgain's in zapata.conf
3. Maked some modifications in the driver (wcxfo.c), there are some
   settings such as 'JAPAN' and 'ZERO_BATT_RING'. I tried all
   combinations (i think).
4. Tried the cvs aswell the released version of the driver

Does anybody know how to solve this problem or where to search for the
solution??

PS. It's a dutch telephone line

Best regards,

Mart