[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk-Redhat 9 install guide.

Jared Smith jsmith at drgutah.com
Thu May 8 09:29:02 MST 2003

My only suggestion for those of you using Red Hat 9 is to try setting
the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 so that it uses the old
LinuxThreads model instead of the new NPTL threading model.

I've seen a lot of people on the Red Hat mailing lists that use this
trick to solve probems with applications that don't work correctly with
NPTL threads.

I'm hoping to test this out myself later today...

Jared Smith