[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Users] Mailing list delays

Reinhard Max max at suse.de
Thu May 8 07:59:00 MST 2003

Hi,

On 7 May 2003 at 11:09, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> Some messages more than others. Due remember though that the delay
> is cumalitive for all the various points a message must go through.

sure.

> Since the current mailing list software doesn't strip headers, maybe
> you should look into the timestamps and see where your problems are
> adding up.

Of course I did that before asking on the list. The delay seem to
occur only while the mail is inside the digium server.

My previous email (the one which started this thread) went through our
servers to rattler.digium.com within one second after I had sent it
(checked our server logs), and then it took 1:45 hours(!) until our
outer email relay got it back from rattler.

> Most of the messages I get are only about 15 minutes after the
> senders time sent. Also my own messages have come back pretty
> quickly. I'll respond to myself with the delay to my own message.

Even 15 minutes seem a bit too much to me for a mailing list of this
size, and I am frequently seing much longer delays on the asterisk
lists.

A question to Mark: Could it be, that the cronjob that starts MailMan
to process the mailing lists runs too less frequently?

cu
	Reinhard (who is curious how long this message will take)