[Asterisk-Users] vmail.cgi cannot read/delete messages

Uriel Carrasquilla uriel at adelphia.net
Wed May 7 20:03:06 MST 2003

vmail.cgi rocks (if I can borrow the expression for Mark Street).  As Mark
pointed out, the /vm/INBOX messages are created with 0700 security and
vmail.cgi is not happy.  Apache/cgi/vmail.cgi cannot play them unless I fool
around with the Apache wrapper or chmod 755 *.* thefiles myself.  (Tedious,
that is why I like computers).
Obviously this is not acceptable.  I took a trip to the apps/app_voicemail.c
country club and found that I can modify it to force the issue by altering
the directory and files as it "happens" when recording takes place.
What is everybody else doing?
I am, for sure, not the only one with this issue.  It comes with the cgi
territory.  I am trying to keep my pearl vmail script with the -T switch.  I
can also modify with chmod here but I am going to force the issue, I prefer
the "c" code.
Regards,
Uriel