[Asterisk-Users] To Ring or not to Ring

Surfer Dude swell at labranch.com
Wed May 7 14:00:50 MST 2003

Actually, it could be something else.

I thought that I had CAC I FXS channels bank when I actually had a
strange format called TR-80 / SLC-96 (subscriber loop carrier).  Some
AT&T format.  The only difference is the BIOS for the T1 framing and
the BIOS for the cards.  The TR-80 is a different T1 framing from ESF.

If you pull out one of your "FXS" cards and read the BIOS.  It should
say "FXS..." and not "SLC v1.2"

This same problem happened to me.  The ringer works just fine, it just
is not compatible with *.

I wonder how hard it would be to make * compatible with TR-80 framing
and SLC-96?

Jason