[Asterisk-Users] Using ICH for outbound when * is behind NAT

Stig Hess stig at albacom.no
Tue May 6 12:05:53 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Alexander" <R.Alexander at interlynx.us>

> At the current CVS can the * SIP client register with a SIP provider
> (such as ICH) when the * box itself is behind a NAT. I have an ICH
> account which I can configure fine on an ATA 186 using their "NAT
> instructions" . Can the SIP client on * be set to use
> natrelay.deltathree.com as the gateway and/or outbound proxy ? Any
info
> appreciated.

My current *-server is also behind a NAT. I got ICH outgoing to work all
right. It doesn't work for inbound traffic.

I also got packet8 and FWD *almost* working for outgoing traffic from my
ATA-186, but for these services no matter how I configure my router or
*-server, I can't hear the other party, while he can hear me perfectly.
These services don't work for incoming calls either.

Regards,

Stig