[Asterisk-Users] Testing Asterisk

Matt McIntyre mamcinty at uncg.edu
Tue May 6 11:54:35 MST 2003

One of the easiest ways to get started testing out Asterisk is to use a
SIP or H.323 client.

I would suggest starting our using s SIP client such as X-Ten's X-lite
(free) which is available for Win32. If you wanted to try out H.323 you
could use a program such as Netmeeting but the H.323 channel driver is
not complied by default because it has dependencies of two libraries
which, in my opinion, are tricky to compile in some cases. In other
words, start with SIP it will be easier.

If you do decide to purchase some telephone hardware there are some
fairly cheap options available to get started off with.

Matt