[Asterisk-Users] A winphone without the phone ??

Tue May 6 01:13:29 MST 2003

> I am not totally sure I follow what you are saying or not. But anyways,
> what I do at home is I have an AGI that gets called when a call comes
> into my X100P card, and just sends the callerid to a GUI sitting on all
> of my other machines at home. That way I can answer the phone if I know
> the callerid. This was very easy to do, and I think it would be
> relatively easy to extend this to what (I think) you are talking
> about...or I could just be totally misunderstanding you...

This sounds do-able with AGI but I really think more is needed. Ideally, you
want an AGI to run which will then have full access to all variables etc as
well as the extensions.conf continue to dial the real channel. However, you
also want that program to be able to pass an 'event' back to asterisk such
as transfer call to extension xxx or send busy or answer etc... So that the
'agent' software/interface can be a two way communications channel. Best to
make it easily modifiable (ie, execute xyz script/compiled c or whatever
program which can then use it's own method to connect to the desktop
machines...

(IMHO, I think the best option is either udp/tcp connection from the server
to the PC).

NOTE: This would probably require some knowledge of which extension is on
which IP address...

Regards,
Adam