[Asterisk-Users] Failed calls from SNOM100 to *

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun May 4 18:14:11 MST 2003

On Sunday 04 May 2003 19:43, Julien L. wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 03:06:20AM +0200, Julien L. wrote:
> > What I get when this extension is called from the SNOM is
> > pasted below. The phone ignores *'s invites and * sends a
> > "BYE" to it. Please note the IP in the "Contact" header... *
> > also send on a port the phone doesn't seem to be listening
> > on.
>
> Found what I would name "a bug".
>
> If I set "bindaddr" in sip.conf to another value (ie. one IP
> of my gateway) than 0.0.0.0, it will fail.
>
> To be checked and confirmed :)

Well, obviously.  If the address is not bound to an interface on
the machine on which you're running, how exactly are you
supposed to listen on that address?  The purpose of bindaddr
is to LIMIT the addresses bound to on your machine, if you
have more than one and you only want to listen on one
particular address.  Otherwise, just bind to 0.0.0.0 (which is a
special address which means to bind to ALL interfaces on the
machine).

-Tilghman