[Asterisk-Users] Echo Cancelaltion in Zaptel Changes

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun May 4 14:50:33 MST 2003

On Sunday 04 May 2003 15:50, God Knows Well wrote:
> I'v end this prob but i didn't get any response so i m sending
> it again plz dont mind and if any one have solution of it plz
> inform me Thanx alot
>
> i implemented asterisk as my home PBX system my * machine
> recieves a call and transfer this to my computer
> The problem is this that i get my voice back mean there is too
> much echo(there is no complain from the caller).
> I have set following values in zapata.conf
> echocancellation=yes (also tried different powers of 2)
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes

If you are hearing really bad echo, it signals a problem with
the echo canceller on the other end of the call.  (i.e. the other
device is not cancelling out the sound coming in through the
microphone, what is heard on the speaker).  If your callers are
hearing no echo, then your echo cancellation is working fine
(it would be THEIR echo cancellation that needs to be fixed).

-Tilghman