[Asterisk-Users] Monitor Asterisk

Uriel Carrasquilla uriel at adelphia.net
Sat May 3 22:14:07 MST 2003

I must be doing something wrong.  I took /asterisk/init.asterisk to
/etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk and in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local I issue "asterisk
start".  It works and it runs safe_asterisk.  However, I had an instance
today on which asterisk came down and never came up again.
I have also noticed that if I issue "asterisk stop", then "asterisk status",
it shows one lingering task.  Then I cannot restart, start or stop.  So I
end up going back to /asterisk/  ./asterisk > ....  to recover without
rebooting.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Uriel