[Asterisk-Users] WARNING (Sipsock_read) Recv error: Resource temporaily unavailable

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sat May 3 07:47:02 MST 2003

> Greetings
>
> I am receiving following error message.  Any idea as to why?
>
> WARNING[147466]: File chan_sip.c, Line 4530 (sipsock_read): Recv error:
> Resource temporarily unavailable
> WARNING[147466]: File chan_sip.c, Line 4530 (sipsock_read): Recv error:
> Resource temporarily unavailable

You should check with ethereal, but when I saw these messages on MGCP, it
was because the device was sending them to me with bad checksums.  It
would appear that linux doesn't verify the checksum until the recvfrom
system call is actually made, and when it fails the result is a
temporarily unavailable on a read.

Mark