[Asterisk-Users] X100P and BT Caller ID

Patrick Keys patrick at bodged.net
Fri May 2 11:24:10 MST 2003

Hello

I was wondering whether anyone has managed to get an X100P card to receive
Caller ID information in the UK (connected to a BT line)? I guess that it
probably won't work at present because BT sends the CID information before
the first ring - hence there is no event to wake up the channel. I can hear
it using ztmonitor, but it is far too soon for anything to receive it.

According to the BT specs (http://www.sinet.bt.com/227v3p3.pdf and
http://www.sinet.bt.com/242v2p2.pdf) the CID information is sent using V.23
following a line reversal and alert tone. Are either of these events
detectable on the X100P? Can asterisk use this information directly or would
it require a code change?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance on this

Patrick