[Asterisk-Users] number dialed/screenpop

Cristian Rodriguez inube at telus.net
Thu May 1 15:28:01 MST 2003

Hello everyone.

Here is what I am trying to do.

Take an incoming call.  Use the number dialed and querry a DB.  I hear they
call the number dialed the DNIS..  I would then like to send the info I
obtain from the querried db to an agent who sees a screen pop at the same
time the extension rings.

The agent could be in the same physical location the PBX would be in or at a
remote location.

For agents on remote locations I would like to able to route/switch the call
to their location and be able to send the call there via PSTN or via VOIP.

Another question is if I where to take an incoming call and transfer it to
someone outside of the PBX system  does the tel company still think that
call is coming into my PBX or does the call get "switched" directly to the
3rd party thus removing me from the loop?

Is all this possible with Asterisk?

Thank you all very much for your input.

Cris.