[Asterisk-Users] DTMF issue with SIP

Gijsbert van den Brink gijsbert at key2contact.nl
Thu May 1 06:19:37 MST 2003

Hi all,

I have a problem with DTMF and SIP.
When I dial an extension with 2 of the same digits in a row (ie '445', two
4s in a row), i have to wait at least one second between the digits. If I
don't wait and just continue pressing digits only the first digit gets
detected and the second (and third if there is any) is skipped.
Everything works fine when there are none of the same digits in a row (ie
'456' or '454').

I checked out the latest asterisk a few hours ago.
I'm using xten X-Lite as SIP client.
This problem only occurs when I'm already connected with asterisk. When I
first enter the extension and then press dial, it all works fine.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with asterisk, X-Lite or maybe my
configuration.. I already tried changing the dtmfmode in sip.conf, but that
doesn't help.

I'm using codec G711a if that's important.

Thanks,
Gijsbert