[Asterisk-Users] Serious problem with z-plex 10

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Mon Mar 31 20:19:42 MST 2003

> Do not plug in ethernet cable at all, even if the interface is down.

This device has poor networking implementation. If I leave one of ours
plugged in (pretty traffic intensive in our shop) it is sure to go down. If
it is in a switch or slow segement it does ok but as Steven pointed out you
are better off avoiding this pitfall.

> Also it could mean the zplex is not happy with the line coding it is
> getting. It is a very sensitive device and flakes out if it doesn't get
> good signal.

I have observed that if you dial a (unused) port that does not have a phone
plugged into it it may start detecting pickups on unused ports and I see
messages something like "Picking up channel Zap/9-1" then a few seconds
later Hanging up...

Sometimes unplugging the T1 cable for a few seconds helps the channels come
back up in ~30 seconds.

I'm glad I didn't pay too much for these.