[Asterisk-Users] How does * process the extensions??

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Mar 30 10:25:21 MST 2003

> When I look at 'show dialplan' on the console the order of the various
> entries has been shifted around in a different order to the way it was
> entered into the extensions.conf file.. So the file must not processed
> sequentially..

Generally entries are stored in increasing alphabetical order.  When you
use patterns, this can get complicated.  Remember you can use "include"'s
to override order, since includes are always handled in the order listed
in extensions.conf.

> So does the order of the entries in the show dialplan have any
> relevance to the way the system works or is there some other logic
> that determines the way the calls are routed and processed??

In general, non-pattern entries take priority over pattern based entries.

Mark