[Asterisk-Users] Intercom and Paging

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Sat Mar 29 09:06:15 MST 2003

Hi,
I was reading some older Intercom and Paging messages and it appears that
the available phones that support this require multiple ports. Is this still
the case? What would be ideal is a tdm phone that would respond to different
ring cadences with Intercom and Paging modes (and of course it could be
added to IP phones). Does anyone know if such a phone exists? Maybe it would
be an interesting open source design project...

As a side issue you guys who were working on the win iax client project
might want to think about paging capabilities. It might be cool to be able
to hold down a pc key to mute the speakers and engage a mic. With this as
default intercom mode it could eliminate echo issues and prevent snooping.

John

(Sorry if this appears twice as I accidentally posted from the wrong
address)