[Asterisk-Users] Spoke too soon... [Was: ADSI Programming of the Aastra Powertouch 480]

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Fri Mar 28 10:40:54 MST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:24:05AM -0500, Wade Weppler wrote:
> One of the 350's I have was purchased directly from the local Telco, and the
> Erase procedure only cleared the services out.  I still can't program the
> phone using ADSIProg.  So the security code must not be blank on this one...
>
> But, the procedure still helped on at least one other 350.
>
> -wade
Yeah.  As I was told by Sayson, the lock flag on the programs is
software, the security code to program is hardware (or at least very
fixed).  So, as the story goes, you should be free of services but
still without the ability to program.

In my case, I still can't program, but a third party with programming
software can.  I've repeatedly drilled about whether they use a special
security code or just 0x00000000.  I have always received the answer
that they are programming with no special code.

Jayson Vantuyl