[Asterisk-Users] Astman and ATA186 (MGCP) - immediate mode - howto?

Konrad Gorski konrad.gorski at abc-dc.com.pl
Fri Mar 28 08:10:58 MST 2003

Hi,
It's my first steps with ATA186 (MGCP signaling).
My current conf: asterisk, channel bank, PRI line, asterisk-oh323 and
ATA186(MGCP).

Phones and ATA are working but utility of Astman/Gastman fall a bit off:
Astman detect new event when I pick-up the phone connected to channel
bank. (I have immediate=yes in Zapata.conf). Also, astman immediately
detect incoming H323 calls.
But with MGCP, when I pick-up phone connected to ATA186, astman don't
detect this event. Then, astman detect MGCP activity only when I dial
extension and call is in progress (like on Zap channels when
immediate=no).

Is it possible to configure MGCP channels (endpoints) for immediate mode
like for Zap channels? Howto? If not, what about SIP?

Thanks ahead
Konrad