[Asterisk-Users] How could I get * from CVS if I am not on the Linux platform?

duncan duncan at impede.net
Fri Mar 28 02:35:19 MST 2003

>Hi,I want to get the latest asterisk code from CVS. But the computer OS I
>used for travelling internet is Windows. I don't know how to I deal with
>the CVS. Thanks.

i use wincvs available from http://www.wincvs.org/

this gives me a copy of the source, but i have had problems copying that
version onto a linux machine to install.  the make install specifically
hooks into CVS to get the version information.  so make sure you have a
.version file in your linux install directory

the contents of the .version file should be something like:

CVS-01/08/03-17:27:36

and windows will not let you create a file called ".version" - to do this i
had to install the unixutils from http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ and used
"touch" to initially create the filename.

good luck

duncan