[Asterisk-Users] Re: ADSI Programming of the Aastra Powertouch 480

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Thu Mar 27 19:51:28 MST 2003

> I have gotten relatively far with support from Sayson and Aastra, but
> the vibe I'm getting at this point is that "ADSI is a standard, we
> implement it but we're not responsible for helping you develop your
> implementation".  The specs are available from Telcordia (and perhaps
> belcor?) for a paltry few k$.

Alex Pilosov and Digium both kicked in to purchase ths spec for the
implementation, and it was the Telcordia specs that our ADSI
implementation is based upon.

> On the hard facts side, attempting to program it from both the Voicemail
> system and ADSIProg causes the following message to appear on the
> screen:
>     +--------------------+
>     | Asterisk PBX       |
>     | download refused.  |
>     | Conflict with:     |
>     |  <available>       |
>     +--------------------+
>       -                -
>       -                -
>       -                - Quit
>
> As you might think, an error message saying there is a conflict with an
> empty slot is confusing to me.

This is what happens when your phone is locked.  Factory reset does not
reset the lock.  The lock feature was implemented so that vendors could
tie you to their particular variant of the Astra phones.  The idea of a
PBX *without* tying you to a specific phone is so inconceivable that, as
far as I know, it is not really possible to purchase phones in general
that are not locked -- although I think Greg Vance had made some progress
along such a path at one point.

Mark