[Asterisk-Users] ADSI Programming of the Aastra Powertouch 480

kagato at souja.net kagato at souja.net
Thu Mar 27 17:39:24 MST 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 07:14:22PM -0500, Wade Weppler wrote:
> The phone still appears to be "locked" as we get a similar error on our
> locked Vista 350's.  The unlocked 390's we have do not get this error
> message.
Strange as it sounds, I've been able to get a third party programming
service to program it.  They say that, if it were locked, they would be
unable to program it.  They insist that it cannot be a locked phone and
that something about the way I'm programming it must be fuzzy.

I'm not sure that the 350 can be factory reset this way, but the easy
way to know is if it has a separate mute button.  Note that this CANNOT
be done to the 392 (two-line phone with similar interface) or like
phones (so I think a 350 is out as well).

The unlock procedure is hilarious.

Hit options.
Choose Time/Date
Set the time to Jan 1 12:00am
Hit done
Hit done
Hit options
Hit Mute
A display giving the CPE ID and other stuff will appear
QUICKLY press the # key

It should reset.  All programs will be gone and the directory/caller
list/called list/softkeys will all be cleared.

I have reason to believe that all 400 series phones should have this
problem as they are apparently subtly different that the 300 series
(although a 392 had the same problem).

> You mentioned that you have an "unlock" procedure.  Would you mind passing
> this on?  I could try it on my 350 to see if it works.
It's not so much an unlock procedure as a factory reset.  According to
the 3rd-party reprogramming people (Sayson) the security code will
remain the same (this is burnt in at the factory).  While you will not
be able to program a phone with a nonzero security code (a.k.a. US
West/Qwest and the crew) you should nuke any programmings (and clear the
lock flag set on any services slots).

Jayson