[Asterisk-Users] 4 port FXS card

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Thu Mar 27 15:16:54 MST 2003

I am no expert on it but I would assume when it sees the line side ring, it
answers, and goes off hook on the extension side.

probably little more than 600ohm transformer with a relay on each side, and
a ring detector on the line side that controls both relays, maybe some sort
of disconnect control as well on the line side.

Seemed really cool to me when I first heard it and then I thought about it
for a second.