[Asterisk-Users] Using asterisk as secondary PBX ?

Xavier Redon Xavier.Redon at polytech-lille.fr
Thu Mar 27 14:23:40 MST 2003

Hello,

  I'm totally new to telephony but I'm now in charge of doing some
cleaning in our school telephony architecture. I'm used to networking
stuff and was very happy to find Asterisk, a free application, into
these proprietary hardwares and softwares.

  I cannot remove our "old" PBX (a Bosch integral 33) but I wish to
add some IP phones (they can use our not so busy data network). The
problem is that I'm very confused with telephony terminology. Our
Bosch PBX has a free DT2 card (or DT21 card, that seems to be an alias
for the same thing). Other DT2 cards are used to connect the PBX to
telephony operators (one for incoming calls and another for outgoing
calls) and to other PBX on the campus. We have something called "T2"
link to the operators (up to 30 channels).

  I would like to known if these "T2" links are related to the E1
stuff that everybody talk about on this forum. In other words, can I
link the free "T2" card of the Bosch to a Linux box with an E100P
interface and make it a secondary PBX with Asterisk ? One which will
be aware of VoIP ?

  Any hint will be very much appreciated ...

Xavier