[Asterisk-Users] RE: [Asterisk-Dev] Several patches, including recording and music -on-hold

Wade Weppler weppler at wwworks-inc.com
Wed Mar 26 23:42:05 MST 2003

Thanks!

I added this to an iaxtel extension I had, and it worked great!

Was:

[iaxtel]
exten => _91700NXXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
exten =>
_1700NXXXXXXX,2,Dial,IAX/Zebble:mypassword at iaxtel.com/BYEXTENSION at iaxtel

Now:

[iaxtel]
exten => _91700NXXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
exten => _1700NXXXXXXX,2,Monitor
exten =>
_1700NXXXXXXX,3,Dial,IAX/Zebble:mypassword at iaxtel.com/BYEXTENSION at iaxtel

When I dial my iaxtel number from my extension on channel Zap/15, I get two
files recorded in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor:

Zap-15-1-in.wav and Zap-15-1-out.wav and they sound fine.

When I dial again, it overwrites the same two files.  A nice option would be
to append to the current files (with an audible *break*), or create another
unique filename (timestamp?).  I realize the latter could be done with
variables and the former could be done with AGI, but it might be nice to
have it part of the Monitor resource?

It would also be great to see only one file.  A mix can be done later, but
it looks like the two files start and stop at different times so it would be
pretty tough to sync the two files up after the fact.  Another option might
be a logfile with start/stop times of each file to assist with syncing?  The
times would have to be pretty accurate (at least within milliseconds) to
work well...

I haven't tried it yet, but when recording a meetme conference, there are
probably a set of files for every incoming channel.  Syncing those up into a
single WAV could be a serious nightmare.  ;)

And don't get me wrong.  I ain't complainin', just thinkin' out loud.  :)

Thanks again Mahmut.

-wade