[Asterisk-Users] Linux distro fixation?

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Wed Mar 26 12:36:17 MST 2003

Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Brian Johnson wrote:
>
>> There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the h323 channels
>>
>> It might not be possible but ..
>> is it possible for the developers to share/combine efforts?
>>
> I offered my resources to the inAccess people many moons ago, but they
> wouldn't listen to any of my comments.

Your resources were actually some feedback and run-time results
of the software. We get lots of these and help us make it better.
We still think that we are doing it the right way.
Ofcourse, this software is GPL'ed and anyone can use it as a starting
point and try to hack it or change it into something different.

> So, to prove a point I hammered out a (IMHO) a properly implemented
> channel driver. Now, with the help of many people chan_h323 has become
> what is it today (whatever that happens to be)
>
>> is it possible for one or the other of these to be included in the
>> standard asterisk
>> install?
>>

> I have fully disclaimed chan_h323 and have already been asked by the man
> himself a couple times, but I want to make sure chan_h323 is functional
> and stable before integrating it into Asterisk.
>
>> can both run on the same system at the same time? they seem to have
>> some different
>> features, it would be great if one or the other included all of the
>> features
>> currently available
>>

> I have absolutely no reason to attempt this.
>
> Can you be more specific on which features are not available in
> chan_h323 that are in asterisk-oh323?  I haven't been able to find
> anything.
>
>> I don't want to step on toes, I just think that a combined package
>> would be
>> easier/better for us users to compile/install
>>

> H.323 and easy don't go together at all.

Sad but true!

> Jeremy McNamara

Michael.