[Asterisk-Users] Linux distro fixation?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Mar 26 08:37:37 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 03:11, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> hi
>
> I just wonder...
>
> Is asterisk or related works fixed to specific linux distros? In zaptel, the
> zaptel.init is redhat specific, which is ok, but chan_h323 doesn't even run
> on debian - neither Woody or Sid.

I haven't messed with h323 for several months, but I had it working on
debian. You will notice both versions of the h323 channel drivers have a
specific set of pwlib and openh323 that they need to work properly. It
is unlikely you will get that version from debian, and you may get bad
results if they upgrade past your stable setup. So I suggest you remove
pwlib and openh323 from the debian package management, and download the
right version from the appropriate place.