[Asterisk-Users] Help with linejack as a trunk?

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Mar 24 12:45:35 MST 2003

> I still get a busy when I hit the 6th number of
> 7 digit dial +9 for the outside line?  any thoughts?  I do have the
> phone0 defined as inbound too?  even if I undefine that i still have
> problems.

There was a mistake in the following. The second 'N' should have been
an 'x' since N is a number from 2 to 9 and X is a number from 0 to 9.
exten => _9NXXNXXX,1,StripMSD,1
exten => _NXXNXXX,2,Dial,Phone/p
should be
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Dial,Phone/p

Or another possibility, is that there needs to be some waits while
dialing.

For dialing through our existing PBX we needed to add waits after
dialing the 9. Depending on your PBX, you may also need waits ('w').
 If so in your extensions.conf you need something like:
[outgoingOldPBX]
exten => _9Nxxxxxx,1,StripMSB,1
exten => _Nxxxxxx,2,Prefix,9ww
exten => _9wwNxxxxxx,3,Dial,ZAP/g2/${EXTEN}

exten => _91NxxNxxxxxx,1,StripMSB,1
exten => _1NxxNxxxxxx,2,Prefix,9ww
exten => _9ww1NxxNxxxxxx,3,Dial,Zap/g2/${EXTEN}

Don Pobanz