[Asterisk-Users] username option in sip.conf

Anton Yurchenko phila at dg.net.ua
Mon Mar 24 05:58:12 MST 2003

Hello,

what purpose does the username option for a peer serves in sip.conf? I
saw a mention the you could for example define an extension like:

[999]
host=dynamic
secret=blah
username=blah at foo

but this doesnt work like this. Asterisk writes that registration failed
on the console, and ethereal shows 401 Unauthorized responce that * sends.
but it works like:

[blah]
host=dynamic
secret=blah

the park in [] is used as a username always. But that would need one
more string in extensions.conf, to forward 999 to sip extension.

or am I doing something wrong. I use the latest CVS, this issue AFAIK
has been the same since I`ve started using *.

Thnx,

--

Anton Yurchenko<phila at dg.net.ua>
Digital Generation