[Asterisk-Users] iconnecthere 480 error: is there a workaround?

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Sun Mar 23 15:00:13 MST 2003

Gregg,

>1) the 7777 prefix is not a toggle. It tells iconnects SIP gateway to
>use compressed codecs. The choices are gsm, g723.1, g729.

I figured as much. I'm sticking with G.711 as GSM sounds horrible (at least
with the snom phones) and the other codecs you mention are patent
encumbered.

>I can get the gateway to work with g723.1 and gsm, but I can't get it to
>work with ulaw or alaw. My phone device is a quicknet linecard.

The problem I'm having appears to be purely a signalling one.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com