[Asterisk-Users] Standalone S100U: Is there some trick?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Mar 22 13:36:56 MST 2003

On Saturday 22 March 2003 13:26, Brian Capouch wrote:
> I am using an ATA 186 as my primary station interface, so I
> thought, "Why not move that S100U over to another box and gain
> myself another remote client?"
>
> So on the "main" machine I removed the line "fxoks=2" and then
> in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf I removed the references to
> channel 2.
>
> Then on the new machine, I did a full install of asterisk, and
> reversed what I had been doing, removing the "fxsks=1" line,
> and then the references to channel 1 in
> /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
>
> The "main" server restarted and appears to work just fine; the
> "S100U" server won't start.  I get the following messages at
> the tail of the console:
>
> WARNING[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 580 (zt_open): Unable to
> specify channel 2: Device or resource busy
> ERROR[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 4591 (mkintf): Unable to
> open channel 2: Device or resource busy
> here = 0, tmp->channel = 0, channel = 2
> ERROR[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6189 (load_module): Unable
> to register channel '2'
> WARNING[16384]: File loader.c, Line 273 (ast_load_resource):
> chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
> WARNING[16384]: File loader.c, Line 368 (load_modules):
>
> Is there a trick to this?

Channels are unique to the host machine.  So, on your second
machine, you should have 'fxoks=1'.  It's erroring out because it
has a channel 1, but no channel 2.

Of course, you'll also need to set up iax.conf such that the two
machines see each other, and set up extensions.conf such that
when you communicate with the other machine, you Dial the
IAX resource.

-Tilghman