[Asterisk-Users] SIP Softphone Echo!!

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Fri Mar 21 20:49:17 MST 2003

It is the responsibility of your device (SJpnone, mic/speaker & pc) to
handle  it's half of the echo problem (prevent what is playing in the
speaker from being picked up in the microphone.

I played with sjphone months ago with mic & speakers and experienced the
same trouble. I would expect it to work much much better with headphones
instead of pc speakers (the test licence expired before I could check this
out).

> Are there any parameters I can use in the sip.conf
> or anywhere else to reduce the echo??
>
> When making a PSTN call from the phone on the S100U
> there is no echo at all.. ( I have echocancel=yes
> and echocancelwhenbridged=yes in zapata.conf )

You are handling the asterisk end here. In fact echocancelwhenbridged=no
should be fine as well. If you are connecting sip calls to telco or pbx it
may be beneficial to uncomment KFLAGS+=-DAGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR in the zaptel
Makefile then make install.

John