[Asterisk-Users] SIP and NAT

denon denon at denon.cx
Fri Mar 21 20:10:33 MST 2003

I'm having some problems getting an ATA186 behind NAT working.  When I had
it on the same subnet as the Asterisk server, it worked fine.  Now Ive
taken the ATA on the road with me, and it's behind a Dlink router+firewall,
doing NAT.  I pick it up, hear a dialtone .. the firewall on the asterisk
side presently has everything open to this subnet, so I know that's not
really an issue. (what needs to be open, though?)

Here's what the * server is giving me in SIP debug, though:

9 headers, 0 lines
Interface is eth0
IP Address is 1.0.0.1
Using latest request as basis request
Sending to 192.168.0.150 : 5060 (non-NAT)
Transmitting (no NAT):
SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.150:5060