[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk w/ Netmeeting?

Mike Diehl mdiehl at dominion.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 21 16:54:40 MST 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 1:49 pm, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Mike Diehl wrote:
> >Unfortunately, I'm kinda commited to NetMeeting.  The problem is that I
> > have friends with a mix of Windows and Linux machines.  Between
> > Netmeeting and Gnomemeeting, I should be able to get everyone connected.
> Good guy why?   Why can't you use a decent H.323 client like OpenPhone?

You may have to educate me here.  What is wrong with NetMeeting/Gnomemeeting?
I've gotten the impression that OpenPhone was a text-based application, true?
I have friends/family who wouldn't be able/willing to use such a tool.  I did
notice that Gnomemeeting didn't support as much functionality as I would have
expected, but it's free and easy to get.

> Looks like someone needs to write a really goood win32 endpoint
> application.

Actually, someone needs to write a really good win32, period. <grin>

Thanx for your thoughts.

Mike Diehl.