[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk w/ Netmeeting?

Mike Diehl mdiehl at dominion.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 21 13:16:58 MST 2003

Unfortunately, I'm kinda commited to NetMeeting.  The problem is that I have
friends with a mix of Windows and Linux machines.  Between Netmeeting and
Gnomemeeting, I should be able to get everyone connected.

So, I could try to find a Linux SIP client that looks and feels like MSN, or I
can setup * to have H.323 support.  Which is more difficult?

As it is, * has some rather steep requirements, but nothing I can't get
working.

One question, though.  Will * allow me to send/receive calls to my clients
behind a NAT'ed firewall?  My wife and I are behind a Linux firewall.  It
would be nice if * would act as a proxy to allow incoming connections.
Otherwise, I have to also build a proxy.

I've been interested in VoIP for some time and have looked at all of the other
Open Source gatekeepers and such.  * seems to be the most powerfull thing out
there.  I've excited about getting this working.  It also helps that we're
going VoIP at work.

Once I demonstrate to my wife how cool this is, (will be?) I intend to get a
telephony board and do Really Cool Things. (tm)

Thanx,
Mike Diehl.