[Asterisk-Users] Config??

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Mar 21 10:29:44 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 10:07, WipeOut . wrote:
> I have got my box up and running with a X100P and a S100U
> but I found a bit of a "funny"..
>
> I took the default config files and commented every line
> and then I started creating my own config using the
> commented out lines for reference.. (best way to learn)
>
> None of my configs worked and I could not work out why..
>
> I tried everthing with out any luck..
>
> So I cut my config lines from the bottom of the file to
> the top, and restarted *.. Guess what?? It now worked
> perfectly..
>
> Is there a reason for this??

I'd say there was a problem in the commenting somewhere. I experienced a
problem where I had a single charecter typo that made asterisk at that
time segfault. I'm pretty sure that isn't the case anymore, but it may
have caused the parser to stop parseing, and therefore not get to your
config. Of course this is just a guess.