[Asterisk-Users] HELP, I am a newbie.

Alex Lopez alex at opsys.com
Thu Mar 20 22:17:33 MST 2003

OK this is what I have done so far.

I compiled and install all packages. No errors (wow!)

I have configured /etc/zaptel.conf with one span on a t1000 card. as follows
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs

I have loaded the demo configs, I have no alarms on my Atlas 550, however when ever I place a call to the unit I get a unavailable from the ISDN side.  What am I doing wrong???  All I want at this point is to have ALL the channels on the PRI be two-way, meaning that I want to call into * and have it answer. Later if I want to place a call, grab the next available B-chan and place call. I will not have a channel bank connected to this for analog phones, I will be a VOIP and IVR only box for now.

I few pointers in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated. Once I understand the thinking behind the configs I can get going.

THANK YOU!!!

alex