[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960

Lele Forzani lele at windmill.it
Thu Mar 20 11:16:48 MST 2003

On Thursday 20 March 2003 17:55, Mike Reiling wrote:

> I tried it last night.  Loaded fine, but the phone had no soft keys and
> could not get a dialtone.  I assume my CARD.XML file is not correct,
> but it is the one I got off Cisco's site.

CARD.XML seems not to be parsed at all by the phone (and it has a syntax that
looks different from the BTXML examples in the SDK). I tried replacing the
originall CARD.XML and had been able to assign softkeys and define the
interface (but didn't have enough time to produce a working result)

Even if you do not have a valid CARD.XML (thus no soft keys, phone display
stays almost empty) the phone is able to do basic calls, but chan_mgcp needs
some tweaks.

lele