[Asterisk-Users] iconnect and incoming DTMF

Matthew Farley asterisk at wheatstate.net
Tue Mar 18 15:30:06 MST 2003

I now have (most) of the bugs worked out of my SIP-only asterisk
installation, but one fairly serious issue remains. I am using the
dtmfmode=inband in both my general area as well as the
extension-specific area (for iconnect) in sip.conf, but only DTMF only
works on calls placed out through iconnect to the PSTN. DTMF tones
coming from the PSTN into asterisk through iconnect are not recognized.

Does anyone have a working setup where they dial into asterisk via
iconnect (from a PSTN phone) with DTMF working? Any suggestions as to
how I can get this to work would be greatly appreciated. I would really
like folks to be able to dial into this system from outside to check
voice mail and such, but without DTMF recognition on those calls, I see
no way to accomplish this.

Thanks!
--
Matthew Farley <asterisk at wheatstate.net>