[Asterisk-Users] ITSP requested features?

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-asteriskusr at litech.org
Tue Mar 18 13:18:43 MST 2003

So far, the overwhelming majority of comments both on and off the list
seem to indicate that the most requested feature is reliability.  No
surprise there.  :-)

I understand that many folks are frustrated with the lack of technical
support and help for power users being offered by existing providers, so I
can see that any ITSP needs to have a better support system than what's
currently offered.  I believe that one of the problems with the ITSP
market is that the primary selling point for VoIP is the price advantage
over traditional LD providers, so the meager revenue stream just can't
support paying for techs to work on the problems encountered by 10% of the
users.  Nevertheless, providing technical details about the ITSP's system
and maybe a public forum for users to help one another would be an
efficient, low-cost means of helping the situation.

Other common requests were IAX/IAX2 support, acceptance of
freely-available codecs, and increasing the possible number of concurrent
calls.  The latter request may take some creative pricing, however, since
several of the comments were along the lines of, "I bought ten gazillion
prepaid minutes from iConnect and then discovered I couldn't share them
with all my friends!"

Thank you to those who have offered suggestions.  If anybody has further
comments, please feel free to send me an email.  -Nathan

--
*** Help filter spam!  PGP-sign your email.
*** Expand your PGP Web of Trust with http://www.biglumber.com/