[Asterisk-Users] PHP Gui for Asterisk (AGI questions)

Stephen Webb spidey at dodds.net
Mon Mar 17 18:06:06 MST 2003

I will just add my two cents.

I think that the way to go here is just to improve the manager interface
a bit. If the manager interface into asterisk could get you the dial
plan, channel listing, and others things. (btw I have not looked at the
source code yet of the manager interface too see how much is there)

The web-based application that I would like build is a user such as a
secertary could log into the system:
-transfer a call.
-See who is not on the phone.
-Transfer a call with information (example a service ticket # or what
their problem is).
-put the person she is listening to on the blacklist or anyother cryptic
numeric telephone operation

I just see a gnophone with the web browser pointed to an web app that
could do something to the call.

I do not see the need for XML or any major changes to asterisk.

Stephen