[Asterisk-Users] Problem compiling zaptel

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Mon Mar 17 09:09:57 MST 2003

modversions.h is actually created when you configure your kernel.   You
need a kernel source tree which matches the kernel you're running.

I don't mean to start a distribution flame war on here, but if you don't
know how to compile a kernel (and don't really want to learn) install
RedHat and just be sure to choose the development pieces (or do a full
install) and you'll get a kernel source tree already setup to build
against the binary one it installs.

If you do want to compile your own kernel, I believe there is a kernel
howto you can find on linux.com.

Mark