[Asterisk-Users] extensions rules

steve steve at szmidt.org
Sat Mar 15 12:06:59 MST 2003

Hi guys, I need a hand with extension rules. I just finished the old
manual but after doing some test I'm not sure about the sequence of
greeting/hold music/and so on. It's supposed to play a greeting and
read a menu of options, then try the extension and record message.
I understand what each line item is but what got me confused is how
the priority number jumps back to 1 when it lists te extensions.
What are the exact rules here? When is it OK to decrease priority
and why would you?

Example:
exten => s,1,Dial,Zap/2|5
exten => s,2,Voicemail,u100
exten => s,2,Background,demo-thanks
exten => s,3,Goto,2
exten => s,4,Hangup
exten => 1,1,Voicemail,u100
exten => 2,1,Goto,s|4
exten => i,1,Goto,s|2
exten => t,1,Goto,s|2

--

Steve Szmidt
HTML in e-mail is not safe. It let's spammers know to spam you more,