[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Echo

Mike Reiling miker at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 14:24:08 MST 2003

No, since the echo happens even when calling locally.  Should I turn it
on for the T100P (analog phones attached to channel bank)?

Thank,
Mike

On Friday, March 14, 2003, at 12:18  PM, Richard Tomson II wrote:

> Have you turned on the echo cancellation on the X100P?
> Check the zaptel Makefile. I use the Mark2 with Aggressive_suppressor.
>
> Rich.
>
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 10:42, Mike Reiling wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> 	I finally got my Cisco 7960.  Seems like a very nice phone.  I have
>> it
>> configured for SIP and working with asterisk.  But, I am having some
>> echo problems.  The person I call does not hear an echo, but I hear my
>> own voice echo back to me about .5 seconds later (maybe a little
>> less).
>>   Does not matter if I call an internal Zap extension, or outbound
>> over
>> my X100P.  I changed the codecs, around and the one that gives the
>> least amount of echo is g729a.
>>
>> It is plugged in my office, but my asterisk server is in the attic,
>> with a wireless link.  Could that be a problem.  There is very minimal
>> latency.  A traceroute from the phone shows this:
>>
>> SIP Phone> traceroute cartman
>> traceroute to cartman(192.168.100.3), 30 hops and 40 byte packets
>> SIP Phone>
>>     1)    192.168.100.3     10ms    1ms   10ms
>>
>> The server is a celeron 433.  Should I toss a faster processor at the
>> computer, or is it the wireless link?  I can't really image it being
>> the wifi link, as VOIP works over the internet, with much higher
>> latency.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike

Mike Reiling
Systems & Network Administrator
SoftCoin, Inc.
2000 Sierra Point Parkway
Brisbane, CA  94005
650-624-3869 - P
650-624-3899 - F

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm
really quite busy.